The most beautiful excursion destinations around Salzburg
Discover the highlights in the Salzburg region
The range of leisure activities in and around Salzburg leaves nothing to be desired. On the one hand, the numerous sightseeing highlights in the city of Salzburg. On the other hand, a top-class cultural & events programme awaits you in the region. And then there are still the sheer endless excursion options in the Salzburg region and the neighbouring Berchtesgadener Land.
To make your choice of your next excursion destination somewhat easier, the Kaiserhof team has put together their favourite leisure activities for you. From the Hotel-Restaurant Kaiserhof, these are luckily not too far!
Feel like an eco-friendly excursion? Not travelling with your own car to Anif near Salzburg? Then rent a Tesla from our e-fleet for your excursion into the Salzburg region!
Excursion tips from the Kaiserhof team
Celtic Village Hallein (approx. 6.5km)
- Celtic Museum: Meet the old Celts and immerse yourself in Hallein's exciting history.
- Hallein Salt Worlds: an adventurous journey through time to the origins of salt production for young and old
Berchtesgaden (approx. 13km)
- Eagle's Nest: historic viewing point with mountain guesthouse & divine panorama
Tip: Can ideally be combined with a boat trip on the Königssee or a visit to the Windbeutelbaron guesthouse on the Obersalzberg.
Großgmain Outdoor Museum (approx. 22km)
In Salzburg's largest museum, you can walk through a village outside around 100 restored original structures from six centuries. Shift to the long past life of farmers, craftsmen and rural dwellers in the region.
Salzburg Lakeland (approx. 30km)
The summer is the best time to discover the crystal-clear lakes of the Salzburg region. Good that the Mattsee, the Obertrumer See, the Wallersee and the Grabensee are just a stone's throw away from the Kaiserhof. Swimming and plunging into the water with drinking water quality? It's possible in the Salzburg lakeland!
Eisriesenwelt Ice Cave Werfen (approx. 40km)
Visit the largest ice cave in the world! Between April and October, the Eisriesenwelt ice cave in Werfen fascinates young and old visitors alike. Tip: dress warmly!
- Therme Golling (approx. 20km): In the Aqua Salza in Golling, saunaing, wellnessing, swimming and relaxing take priority all year around – in any weather.
- Rupertustherme (approx. 20km): the popular thermal spa in the German town of Bad Reichenhall scores points with its own (separate) family pool as well as separate sauna area.
- Watzmanntherme (approx. 14km): also very nearby is the family-friendly Watzmanntherme in Berchtesgaden.
Spend your next holiday in Salzburg and send us a non-binding request!