Discover Salzburg's most beautiful sights
The sightseeing highlights of the city of Mozart
Festival City. City of Mozart. The city of Salzburg is well-known under these names across the world. But Salzburg has even more to offer. That is, the sightseeing programme, which enchants guests all year round. Luckily, the Hotel Kaiserhof Anif is located directly before the gates of Salzburg.
Sightseeing pleasure by public transport. The bus stop "Niederalm Ortsmitte" is located just a few steps away from the Kaiserhof in Anif. From there, you can take the regional Postbus no. 170 directly to the city centre of Salzburg. Duration of journey: around 15 minutes. Price: €3.70 per journey – ticket available from bus driver. To the timetable...
Salzburg sightseeing tips
The first path Kaiserhof guests take often leads to Hellbrunn. This green spot in Salzburg's south lies just around three kilometres from the Hotel in Anif. Exactly two sightseeing highlights are located there:
- Salzburg Zoo: more than 1,200 animals and 140 different species from all over the world – a must for family holiday!
- Hellbrunn Palace & Trick Fountains: the former pleasure palace of Salzburg's archbishops, its extensive park and the popular trick fountains are an attraction for visitors especially in the warmer months.
The Hohensalzburg Fortress towers high above the Salzburg historic centre on the Festungsberg. The Salzburg landmark is the largest completely preserved castle in Central Europe. Both the visit to the castle itself and the view of Salzburg are unique.
Mirabell Gardens & Mirabell Palace
Every year, when the flowers bloom in the Mirabell Gardens, one of Salzburg's most beautiful photo images opens up. Mirabell Palace is probably the most coveted place for weddings through Salzburg for that very reason.
Salzburg's inner city & Getreidegasse
The Salzburg historic centre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is simply enchanting. Here a small alley, there a café, and baroque towers in between, the powerful Salzburg Cathedral and the lively squares that surround it.
Strolling through the famous Getreidegasse is doubly worth it. On the one hand, because of the numerous shops with their traditional wrought-iron signs. On the other hand, because Mozart's Birthplace including museum is located there.
- Haus der Natur: the modern museum for the whole family
- Museum of Modern Art: international art from the 20th and 21st centuries on the Mönchsberg
- Salzburg Museum – Neue Residenz: Salzburg's moving history in all its aspects
- DomQuartier Salzburg: magnificent round tour through the lives of the Prince-Archbishops
- More museums in Salzburg...
Sporty through Salzburg
Those who set off on the running, walking and cycling routes of Salzburg will pass by many sights. Some of the athletic routes start directly next to the Kaiserhof in Anif. You can obtain free map material at the reception. Our favourite routes:
- along the Salzach: for jogging & cycling
- up the Mönchsberg & Kapuzinerberg: for walks with a panoramic view
- up the Gaisberg: for hiking & cycling
Have you already seen the top sights in the city of Salzburg? Then head to the Salzburg region! Discover the most beautiful excursion destinations around Salzburg…
Peacefully located and yet so close to the action. The Hotel-Restaurant Kaiserhof in Anif is the ideal starting point for sightseeing tours in Salzburg. Send a non-binding request now!